Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
unnamednewbie13
+1,741|4214|Banoi, PNG

For R1, just because they're stealing plans to a superweapon doesn't mean that's all the movie had to be about. I kind of wanted to know more about what Hannibal-dad was going through at that research station. How Ghost Dog rebel got to be so paranoid and delusional all the time. What's up with the two quasi-Jedi? Why and how are they still guarding a temple on an Imperial world? Instead, they were chucked out and for most of the time we got to focus on cookie cutter guerilla girl and her block-of-wood love interest.

I don't even remember much of what TFA was about now. Just that Luke was looking at some chick like she just handed him a dead squirrel and a hobbit-haired Snape had it in for blinking consoles.
SuperJail Warden
+164|1162
Well Ghost Dog Samurai was supposed to have a bigger part in the script but Ghost Dog did such a bad job acting the part they decided to cut it all out. I do think there could have been a lot of interesting story made about how Ghost Dog, Stereotypical Monks, and others were resisting the Empire. It was a pretty cool scene where they ambushed the imperial patrol. I didn't mind the scenes with Spunky British Girl and French Resistance Rebel. Though I think it was pretty lame how French Resistance Rebel somehow decided to spare the imperial weapon designer for some reason.

The more distance I get from TFA the more I have come to accept that it was a letdown. At least the prequels have their own flavor and feeling to them. TFA just reused a lot from the OT and didn't add too much.
unnamednewbie13
+1,741|4214|Banoi, PNG

An interesting angle would be to start from the perspective of the temple guys trying to keep the peace between the populace and the paranoid Imperials while an extremist rebel cell operates nearby. Sort of like a messed up Space Afghanistan. Then it could have intersected the Spunky-France couple to suck the survivors of the Death Star test along on the plans mission, maybe at a place that actually had Bothans.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites
+552|4156|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

An interesting angle would be to start from the perspective of the temple guys trying to keep the peace between the populace and the paranoid Imperials while an extremist rebel cell operates nearby. Sort of like a messed up Space Afghanistan. Then it could have intersected the Spunky-France couple to suck the survivors of the Death Star test along on the plans mission, maybe at a place that actually had Bothans.
The Bothans died for the information regarding the second death star.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
+164|1162
I wonder how these guys sneaked onto an imperial base after all of that surely additional resources the empire's department of homeland security got to defend their data banks
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/03/BothanNEGAS.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061130130400

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard