Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,592|3579|eXtreme to the maX
Don't take it too far Ken, people will think you're English
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
uziq
+138|926

DesertFox- wrote:

As a reasonably thin man, I'd kill for easier bespoke clothing. Even slim fit button-up shirts I wear for work often are loose around the torso or have unflattering folds when tucked in. With pants, it seems to range from rail-thin Holocaust survivor that I can't even get on to searching through piles of jeans for a diamond in the rough in just my size and cut. I suspect being in the American midwest might be part of the problem, though.
in terms of non-bespoke solutions, try some of the asian brands. their average sizes are smaller. can you get uniqlo in the mid-west?

'standard' american clothing seems baffling to europeans because there is no consideration of fit whatsoever. huge baggy trousers, ill-fitting shirts, etc. it's really bizarre when you look at a 'normie'-looking american person and it's like every piece of clothing was designed for someone else's body.

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-18 04:59:43)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+697|4158|United States of America
Apparently, they've got a store downtown. It is a quandary though, because sometimes "thin" clothing is for people with no muscles whatsoever. I don't think I have terribly large muscles from running, but I've tried on some skinnier cut pants that I would not be able to fit in without planing down  some muscle groups.
uziq
+138|926
was talking more about sizing standards than the skinny/slim/standard cutting. most brands do their standard button-down shirts in several cuts.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I've found Van Heusen have a range of fits and are reasonable quality for shirts.
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+1,959|2832|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've found Van Heusen have a range of fits and are reasonable quality for shirts.
Their shirts are so thin that they're transparent. They also run short. Not a fan at all.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Really? Must be a different range they sell there. They're thick as card here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard