RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|4130|US
As a product of home schooling, private, and public school systems, I have to say that home schooling was the most efficient use of time.  The private school had higher standards that the public system, but the public system had more options and resources. 

I was ahead in some subjects and slightly behind in one when I switched from home to private school.  I was ahead by over a year in a couple subjects when I switched from private to public.  The public school had more varied classes with a better potential to branch out in specific areas though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3001

https://i.imgur.com/sptOxZR.jpg?1
No surprise the states that have the most Christians who practice homeschooling also have dire dropout rates.

north east wins again
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4152|THE X GAMES
youre so dumb
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3001

Was just talking to a guy who blew $5000 on SAT test prep for his kid. Kid got a 1400. lol
SuperJail Warden
+161|1135
As many know Bernie Sanders wants to pay $80 billion a year in order to fund free college education for all. I think this would be a god awful idea. I will spare you another rant about it.

How would everyone feel about an increase in the size of pell grants or a program to provide means tested full scholarships? I think this would be the best way to increase access. Reforms to how colleges spend their money will make sure tuition doesn't balloon from there on.

What do you think?
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+203|1375|SL,UT

i think best when i put my mind to it, sober, and try to find a resolution. too bad that ain't happenin soon . . .
SuperJail Warden
+161|1135
There's a new statute going into effect starting January 1, 2017 that ups the punishment when students get into a fight.

The change means that if your student is caught fighting once they return back to school, they will get jail time.

Right now, if a student gets into a fight and hurts another person, they're charged with a misdemeanor and then released to their parents.

However, with the new law going into effect on January 1, that student will now head to a juvenile detention center and be charged with a Class E felony.

That means they could spend up to four years in jail.

Sikeston DPS Sergeant Jon Broom said he hopes this new rule will make students think twice before getting into a fight.

“A felony down the road is something that will definitely hamper you down the road for sure," Broom said.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/34109723/revi … ool-fights
Missouri. That is awful and unsurprising
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+1,959|2773|London, England
This crap has gotten way out of hand. Kids fight, it's human nature. Criminalizing it is abhorrent.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
That's no place to put a mug.
+1,739|4187|Tipping, China

Pathway to frivolous arrests. School administration sucks at figuring out who started what. Punishment is doled out on hearsay and favoritism. Have fun getting a criminal record for being punched in the face, kids.
SuperJail Warden
+161|1135
GW’s Decision to Ditch U.S. History Exemplifies How Elite Schools Fail Their Students

Recently, GW — a 25,000-student private university located in Washington, D.C.’s Foggy Bottom neighborhood — eliminated its American-history requirement for undergraduate history majors, making it theoretically possible to graduate from GW with a history degree without ever having had to take a college-level course in U.S. history.

Of course, GW’s decision is hardly novel. In July, the American Council of Trustees and Alumni found that “only 23 undergraduate history programs at the U.S. News & World Report’s top 25 national universities, top 25 public institutions, and top 25 liberal arts colleges require a single U.S. history class,” and where the requirement remained, students could fulfill it with courses such as “Mad Men and Mad Women” (Middlebury College) and “Hip-Hop, Politics, and Youth Culture in America” (University of Connecticut).
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 … ory-majors

I have no issues with this. History majors who are genuinely interested in their field of study probably know enough about U.S. history to not need to do a course of it. The U.S. history classes I took were GPA boosters with an interesting reading list. I enjoyed my other classes more. I think a lot of the people upset about this probably didn't major in history or even went to college.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard