Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

MGS4 was a big letdown. Only played through it once. Hopefully they can rebound with this one. Big Boss's story has become much more interesting than the modern plot line. Metal Gear Solid 3 was not only maybe the best in the series but was one of the best PS2 games.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

here is some stuff by the way
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|3694|Escea

Fuck me

Arma meets MGS

Shame its not Hayter voicing Snake though.
Cisse
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+63|1840
good shit
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
Cisse
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+63|1840
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
bennisboy
Member
+829|4117|Poundland

Macbeth wrote:

MGS4 was a big letdown. Only played through it once. Hopefully they can rebound with this one. Big Boss's story has become much more interesting than the modern plot line. Metal Gear Solid 3 was not only maybe the best in the series but was one of the best PS2 games.
What happened with snake's ageing in the end? I can't remember
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

After he fought Ocelot and saved the day, he went to go commit suicide so that the virus in him wouldn't turn into a super virus and kill billions or something like that. He met Big Boss who was still alive and he told him the virus wasn't going to kill everyone and he didn't have to shot himself. Also he could go on living for as long as his body held up. It was terrible.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4117|Poundland

Macbeth wrote:

After he fought Ocelot and saved the day, he went to go commit suicide so that the virus in him wouldn't turn into a super virus and kill billions or something like that. He met Big Boss who was still alive and he told him the virus wasn't going to kill everyone and he didn't have to shot himself. Also he could go on living for as long as his body held up. It was terrible.
But then in this one he looks way younger! Dammit kojima
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

Oh this is a prequel. This is is set in 1984 while MGS4 is set in 2014. This also isn't Solid Snake but his father Big Boss.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4117|Poundland

Macbeth wrote:

Oh this is a prequel. This is is set in 1984 while MGS4 is set in 2014. This also isn't Solid Snake but his father Big Boss.
Ahhh, so in effect a sequel to mgs3.

This jumping all over the time scape threw me
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

Actually no. It is a sequel to metal gear solid peace walker. Which is a sequel to metal gear solid portable. Both for the PSP but ported over to the PS3.

In MGS5 you will meet many characters that were established from those games as well as this is where the game picks up at as far as story goes.

I haven't played either and judging by the numbering order of MGS5 I think they makers are going to try to get everyone up to speed on things.

Konami would make me a supporter for life if they bundled those two games with the new MGS so fans can get on track.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|3694|Escea

Somewhere in this game you get badly injured and lose your hand (Snake has a robotic one in the vid). The original game talked about his DNA being stolen for Les Enfants Terribles when he was banged up in a hospital. I also get the feeling that that Eli kid is Liquid, and you may see a young Solid as well.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+566|4102|New Hampshire, USA
I'm really happy they're going back to big boss, as things are usually a little more grounded and a little less ridiculous in the pre-solid snake story line
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Cisse
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+63|1840
yeah mgs3 was probably one of the best games ive ever played


i fancy a play through all the games before this comes out, though i can't decide what order to play them in


also i completely forgot about ground zeroes, which is coming out first anyone know?

Last edited by Cisse (2013-06-12 11:40:52)

pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|3694|Escea

Cisse wrote:

yeah mgs3 was probably one of the best games ive ever played


i fancy a play through all the games before this comes out, though i can't decide what order to play them in


also i completely forgot about ground zeroes, which is coming out first anyone know?
One and the same I think. Ground Zeros is the prologue of MGS5.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,308|3783

M.O.A.B wrote:

Fuck me

Arma meets MGS

Shame its not Hayter voicing Snake though.
I'll forever be reminded of the shitty movie Phonebooth every time I hear Kiefer Sutherland speak. I'll miss Hayter's gravelly voice as well
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

M.O.A.B wrote:

Somewhere in this game you get badly injured and lose your hand (Snake has a robotic one in the vid). The original game talked about his DNA being stolen for Les Enfants Terribles when he was banged up in a hospital. I also get the feeling that that Eli kid is Liquid, and you may see a young Solid as well.
We will know once we see if the kid has a British accent
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

new extended trailer. 3 minute longer beginning and 30 second ending.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+381|1725
asians are so fucking kitschy. that stuff looks terrible.

i also hate the idea of a MGS set in the west/desert/outback/whatever. the jungle one sucked enough.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+566|4102|New Hampshire, USA

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

asians are so fucking kitschy. that stuff looks terrible.

i also hate the idea of a MGS set in the west/desert/outback/whatever. the jungle one sucked enough.
While I did enjoy the jungle in MGS3 for what it was, I have to agree here.  MGS was at its best when it was set in the military industrial complexes.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+381|1725
a stealth espionage game... in the desert! with african child soldiers! nothing says espionage like the world's most exposed and barren landscape.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,389|3057

The Jungle of MGS3 was the best. Sneaking through that without the radar was a lot more difficult than anything in the other MGS.

The first part in the outback was Afghanistan. They probably move to Africa later since the game will probably end in Outer Heaven.

I liked the trailer.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+381|1725
it's very kitschy. i always get the feeling that when asians do east-west 'hybrid' stories, they have a tendency to try and put everything in. like it feels crammed and strained. so much dodgy sentimental/mawkish dialogue. so many subplots and themes. so much impossible variety in such a finite game. the writing tends to veer all over the place and you're just left feeling discombobulated. somehow it seemed awesome and ecstatic in the first 2 MGS games. after that i just started to feel like the writers were either big kids or had serious ADHD problems.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-14 13:05:01)

bennisboy
Member
+829|4117|Poundland
Is snake killing kids in that trailer?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|2507|Massachusetts, USA
It's going to have 4 days worth of cut scenes that reiterate the same plot points, Lets be real.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard