Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+381|1696
what sort of human being would want to pay for a nissan leaf DLC?
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4178|THE X GAMES
someone who wants to support the developers
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|4047|Greenwood, IN
I'll pass on the DLC I rather them fix the game and get an offline mode going first.

Oh, and my city is being overrun by homeless people.  I did manage to fix my traffic problem though.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

Spearhead wrote:

I saw they released a Nissan leaf DLC.  An electric gas station with a giant advertisement painted on the parking lot.  Classy!

Cant wait for them to release the subway dlc.  Or the highway dlc.  What about a dlc that will fix the fucking game first?  oh well
It's never too early for them to start milking their cattle like they did with the Sims. Having a functional game is only icing on the cake and completely skippable.

RTHKI wrote:

someone who wants to support the developers
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dude, the game just came out and overran the gaming press with bad publicity.
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4178|THE X GAMES
yea but there are always people that say that as a reason to get dumb dlc
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

Oh, you weren't being serious. Good to know.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland
the DLC was free, paid for by Nissan (advertising), and helps out your city...

If you're gonna bitch, at least do it with some research behind it.

And no newbie, no one can do anything to your town. You can also set your region to private if you dont want others people playing the same region.

The online only isnt that intrusive, my bigger beef is with the lack of depth in this game compared to previous iterations
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

I could say that Sim City 5 gives you measles and it would have more depth than the most well-written and researched defense of EA and this game. But by your admission it doesn't have any (depth).

So tell us why we should buy it.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I could say that Sim City 5 gives you measles and it would have more depth than the most well-written and researched defense of EA and this game. But by your admission it doesn't have any (depth).

So tell us why we should buy it.
That's not really my job. I don't care if you buy it or not, and I wouldn't describe it as a must-buy.

It is fun though, but it should have been better. That's my opinion.

And there are plenty of perfectly legit points to bitch about, I was pointing out that you shouldn't moan about hearsay, because most of what you've said is wrong...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|4131|Tampa Bay Florida
Bennis is an EA bot
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+381|1696

bennisboy wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I could say that Sim City 5 gives you measles and it would have more depth than the most well-written and researched defense of EA and this game. But by your admission it doesn't have any (depth).

So tell us why we should buy it.
That's not really my job. I don't care if you buy it or not, and I wouldn't describe it as a must-buy.

It is fun though, but it should have been better. That's my opinion.

And there are plenty of perfectly legit points to bitch about, I was pointing out that you shouldn't moan about hearsay, because most of what you've said is wrong...
forgive me for not spending £40 on a really shit EA game to find out for myself.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

bennisboy wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I could say that Sim City 5 gives you measles and it would have more depth than the most well-written and researched defense of EA and this game. But by your admission it doesn't have any (depth).

So tell us why we should buy it.
That's not really my job. I don't care if you buy it or not, and I wouldn't describe it as a must-buy.

It is fun though, but it should have been better. That's my opinion.

And there are plenty of perfectly legit points to bitch about, I was pointing out that you shouldn't moan about hearsay, because most of what you've said is wrong...
The universal input I've gotten from friends who've gotten it is "DON'T DO IT, BRO!" The web is full of complaints about the game, and youtube is up to its ears in Sim City 5 bitching videos. If I'm wrong on one or two things about it, you're not going to convince me to buy it when you're being the strongest supporter of this game here and STILL say that it lacks depth.

wtf man
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I could say that Sim City 5 gives you measles and it would have more depth than the most well-written and researched defense of EA and this game. But by your admission it doesn't have any (depth).

So tell us why we should buy it.
That's not really my job. I don't care if you buy it or not, and I wouldn't describe it as a must-buy.

It is fun though, but it should have been better. That's my opinion.

And there are plenty of perfectly legit points to bitch about, I was pointing out that you shouldn't moan about hearsay, because most of what you've said is wrong...
The universal input I've gotten from friends who've gotten it is "DON'T DO IT, BRO!" The web is full of complaints about the game, and youtube is up to its ears in Sim City 5 bitching videos. If I'm wrong on one or two things about it, you're not going to convince me to buy it when you're being the strongest supporter of this game here and STILL say that it lacks depth.

wtf man
You don't seem to be able to grasp this. I literally do not care if you buy it. I've already said so.

What I did say, was that you should know what you're bitching about, before bitching. If you don't, you just sound kinda stupid... Mmmkay?

Last edited by bennisboy (2013-04-26 10:32:04)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

You don't seem to be able to grasp that you're defending a game that you said lacked depth. Me saying that the game gives you measles pales in comparison to that.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You don't seem to be able to grasp that you're defending a game that you said lacked depth. Me saying that the game gives you measles pales in comparison to that.
Lol I am not defending it. I pointed out where you were wrong... because you were wrong. There are plenty of legitimate gripes with the game so moan about one of those rather than the made up ones yeah?

And I wasn't referring to your joke about giving you measles. I was talking about the paid DLC which is free, and you thinking other people can mess with your city.

Jeez, some people are dumb
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

I'm not going to buy Sim City because it makes the cheese in my fridge go bad. And oh yeah, Nissan Leaf DLC. All the game's problems just went away like that, huh?

Did they release the DLC that allows fire trucks to find fires, or is that still in alpha stage?
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm not going to buy Sim City because it makes the cheese in my fridge go bad. And oh yeah, Nissan Leaf DLC. All the game's problems just went away like that, huh?

Did they release the DLC that allows fire trucks to find fires, or is that still in alpha stage?
Please, tell me where I said the problems went away?

Seems you like making stuff up...
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

Sim City 5 is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|4131|Tampa Bay Florida
Bennis, EA lied about this game.  Besides World War Z or whatever, this is probably the most fraudelent thing to happen in the gaming world in the past couple of years.  And it came from EA.  They didn't just water down, noobify, "modernize" the old formula, no, they lied to everybody by trying to convince us that this was an actual simcity game when in fact it was a barely functioning facebook/social game.  They give everyone who bought it a free game (unprecedented, I believe) without giving them the option to a refund.  An admission of a ginormous fuck up in itself.  This is why everyone is ganging up on you, we know that the game might have a few redeeming qualities, but its the principle behind it that we're pissed at.  I'm tired of them fucking up all my favorite games.  I'd rather them just stop making Battlefield and Simcity, and call it something different.  They are doing nothing but cashing in on the labels.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland

Spearhead wrote:

Bennis, EA lied about this game.  Besides World War Z or whatever, this is probably the most fraudelent thing to happen in the gaming world in the past couple of years.  And it came from EA.  They didn't just water down, noobify, "modernize" the old formula, no, they lied to everybody by trying to convince us that this was an actual simcity game when in fact it was a barely functioning facebook/social game.  They give everyone who bought it a free game (unprecedented, I believe) without giving them the option to a refund.  An admission of a ginormous fuck up in itself.  This is why everyone is ganging up on you, we know that the game might have a few redeeming qualities, but its the principle behind it that we're pissed at.  I'm tired of them fucking up all my favorite games.  I'd rather them just stop making Battlefield and Simcity, and call it something different.  They are doing nothing but cashing in on the labels.
1. I don't think people are ganging up on me...

2. I'm not defending the damn game! Why can't people understand this. I've said it lacks depth, and that it's been over-simplified, and that it shouldn't be online only. I've said it isn't what it should have been for a SimCity game. I merely said the Newbie's complaints were not legitimate, when there are plenty of acceptable complaints. But yes, I have also said that it's a fun game, with limited replayability.
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4178|THE X GAMES
the war z
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,741|4213|Banoi, PNG

bennisboy wrote:

2. I'm not defending the damn game! Why can't people understand this. I've said it lacks depth, and that it's been over-simplified, and that it shouldn't be online only. I've said it isn't what it should have been for a SimCity game. I merely said the Newbie's complaints were not legitimate, when there are plenty of acceptable complaints. But yes, I have also said that it's a fun game, with limited replayability.
What I know about the game I've gleaned from the countless reviews and having watched gameplay footage with both defensive and caustic commentary. At some point I said to myself "ok, I've seen enough."

You need to grasp that at this point, any intercession on behalf of SimCity 5 is going to put you underneath the spotlight of "defender of EA, etc." The game single-handedly wrenched all my attention away from how little I was liking Ubisoft's business practices and to be frank, Far Cry 3: BD is starting to shove them back towards "OK."
jsnipy
...
+3,272|3964|...

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|3664|Escea

I haven't played the new one. Not sure if I'll get it but, I think if they want to save SimCity they have to take it back to how it was in 4, even if that means reverting to the 2D style. I've noticed since they switched over to 3D with Societies the games don't look as good. Nowhere near the level of detail, not to mention the huge drop in scale. SC4 was an awesome game and they should have built upon it, significantly improving the graphics but keeping the same style, and adding things like the curved roads.
bennisboy
Member
+829|4087|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

2. I'm not defending the damn game! Why can't people understand this. I've said it lacks depth, and that it's been over-simplified, and that it shouldn't be online only. I've said it isn't what it should have been for a SimCity game. I merely said the Newbie's complaints were not legitimate, when there are plenty of acceptable complaints. But yes, I have also said that it's a fun game, with limited replayability.
What I know about the game I've gleaned from the countless reviews and having watched gameplay footage with both defensive and caustic commentary. At some point I said to myself "ok, I've seen enough."

You need to grasp that at this point, any intercession on behalf of SimCity 5 is going to put you underneath the spotlight of "defender of EA, etc." The game single-handedly wrenched all my attention away from how little I was liking Ubisoft's business practices and to be frank, Far Cry 3: BD is starting to shove them back towards "OK."
Orrrrrrrr you need to grasp that I am not a defender of EA, merely trying to put across an accurate picture of the game...
I've pointed out the floors, and pointed out where people are making stuff up.

And it's pretty sad that you are focusing your attention on a game you don't own or want to own to bitch about

@MOAB, yesh I would have actually been content with a modernised SC4. The problem with the 3D in this is that it can't look amazing, but most people playing a casual simcity game wont have beast computers capable of running it at the top end. Although there has been talk that the reason for the small city size is that each sim has individually calculated routes, jobs, etc. So everything is computed at a Sim level rather than city level, making it quite resource intensive. I don't get why they did that, most people care about the city, not the sims

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard