Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

I've found another up and coming photo site. This one looks like a real competitor to flickr. It certainly provides more in the way of sociability. However, as most of you know, what makes flickr the go to site of choice is the huge community of photographers. I'd like to see some of that popularity migrate to this new site. Yahoo scares me sometimes. Their future has been questionable, and they really haven't shown an interest in further developing flickr. I won't go into the fact that it's becoming an major image-jacking hub now. I'll just say don't underestimate your work. It's best to watermark your photos if you want them protected. Photo-jacking can happen at any site, but flickr is notoriously slow to react on reports of other accounts claiming photo credit. But enough about flickr...

I submit to you http://500px.com/ .
Give it a try and let me know what you think. There's already a bunch of very talented photographer there. You need only check the popular page to figure that out.

If you make an account please let me know and I will update this post.

Members
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Very nice setup and sexy layout. 50 dowlah a year -- What is included in the free side of things?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

Tazzernator wrote:

Very nice setup and sexy layout. 50 dowlah a year -- What is included in the free side of things?
I think for free you are limited to 20 photos a week. I kind of like that idea since it will encourage people to upload only their best.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Kmar wrote:

Tazzernator wrote:

Very nice setup and sexy layout. 50 dowlah a year -- What is included in the free side of things?
I think for free you are limited to 20 photos a week. I kind of like that idea since it will encourage people to upload only their best.
Is there an "overall limit" like flickr had?

edit: has.

Last edited by Tazzernator (2011-06-05 00:57:19)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

I don't think so.
This seems to be the only restrictions.
https://i.imgur.com/aFK6V.jpg

.. and wow at this photo.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Sounds pretty damn awesome...
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,308|3725

Created in Toronto too
Our code is 100% handmade. Backend is written in Ruby on Rails, made with combination of magic and alien technology. Designed with heart in Toronto, Canada.
http://500px.com/ekristiansen
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,308|3725

And the uploader doesn't seem to be working
Kmar i cannot keep up with all these websites you are involved with. But I like how you do it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

ebug9 wrote:

And the uploader doesn't seem to be working
You are clicking "Select files" right? ..lol

Kimmmmmmmz, just flickr, Smugmug, and this site. They each have their own highlights.
Flickr = Established community
Smugmug = 100% quality, no image degradation, marketability
500px = layout, social interaction
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

Damn this guy is good.
http://500px.com/JozefDanyi
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

Wallpaper will appreciate this.
http://500px.com/Xsite
https://i.imgur.com/4VTgf.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,308|3725

Kmar wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

And the uploader doesn't seem to be working
You are clicking "Select files" right? ..lol
Indeed I was...must've been down for a short period cause I managed to get one uploaded finally.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|3910

Kmar wrote:

There's already a bunch of very talented photographer there. You need only check the popular page to figure that out.
i don't think i'll leave flickr yet, my account's active through May anyways. but after test driving it a week, it is inspiring me to go through my recent work, and find the best. i've made a collection, and it looks pretty nice on my Xoom.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|3910

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

13urnzz wrote:

Kmar wrote:

There's already a bunch of very talented photographer there. You need only check the popular page to figure that out.
i don't think i'll leave flickr yet, my account's active through May anyways. but after test driving it a week, it is inspiring me to go through my recent work, and find the best. i've made a collection, and it looks pretty nice on my Xoom.
oh no.. I would not say leave flickr right now. Just protect your work man.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|3910

my wife would feel abandoned . . . she passed me in overall views, and has plenty of friends in the Coca-cola group.

but like you said, 500px makes you want to show your best.
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Considering I have an exam tomorrow, I've decided to sign up and start to upload my finest

http://500px.com/atajsic
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

Tazzernator wrote:

Considering I have an exam tomorrow, I've decided to sign up and start to upload my finest

http://500px.com/atajsic
Welcome!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Kmar wrote:

Tazzernator wrote:

Considering I have an exam tomorrow, I've decided to sign up and start to upload my finest

http://500px.com/atajsic
Welcome!
Haha, cheers. As per usual I always take too much on that my time can handle...


Work/Uni/Exams/Learning languages/Coding Projects/Photography


Rehh!!
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

Yea I know buddy. You've got a natural artistic talent though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Kmar wrote:

Yea I know buddy. You've got a natural artistic talent though.
I wouldn't call the result of 5 years fiddling in photoshop to be "natural"-

thanks heaps anyway though ♥
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

You've got an apparent natural talent. I've been fiddling for over a decade.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,309|3587|Sydney | ♥

Kmar wrote:

You've got an apparent natural talent. I've been fiddling for over a decade.
Haha. Well it's payed off. Your work is awesome.


I find some very inspiring. You just won 100 buckos too!
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|4013|132 and Bush

ty

Now just to get Kimmmm mcminty and Wallpaper on there.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard