• Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio
ya i know the answer already, sir.....just making a point.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4059|Washington DC

Perhaps the answer might be the old school approach ...

"Run a BF2S server, and you can have a chat for it in your server section."
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

OrangeHound wrote:

Perhaps the answer might be the old school approach ...

"Run a BF2S server, and you can have a chat for it in your server section."
nobody plays bf2 on those servers, therefore that makes no sense.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4059|Washington DC

11 Bravo wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Perhaps the answer might be the old school approach ...

"Run a BF2S server, and you can have a chat for it in your server section."
nobody plays bf2 on those servers, therefore that makes no sense.
BF2S ... not BF2

It can be anything ... DoD ... CS ... multi-player PacMan ...

As far as I know, there is only one active BF2S server at the moment.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

OrangeHound wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Perhaps the answer might be the old school approach ...

"Run a BF2S server, and you can have a chat for it in your server section."
nobody plays bf2 on those servers, therefore that makes no sense.
BF2S ... not BF2

It can be anything ... DoD ... CS ... multi-player PacMan ...

As far as I know, there is only one active BF2S server at the moment.
but then you limit it to tech nerds......
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

11 Bravo wrote:

or maybe an official current and former military members chat thread?  is that cool?
but you also told me to hold off on this....why not hold off on AU chats then?
Dauntless
super helpful
+2,207|4152|London

it's not rocket surgery, just leave everything how it was and let AU have a new thread

then make me a mod

ffs admins
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4059|Washington DC

I'm talking about the Trackr vision, marine, of having lots of game servers ... for example, if AU had a DoD server,  a TF2 server, and a BC2 server, then they could chat about their pwning, their glorious moments, and their greatest moments ever in their game server chat thread.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio
well i just dont see the wisdom behind restarting something that caused the site to slow down again.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

OrangeHound wrote:

I'm talking about the Trackr vision, marine, of having lots of game servers ... for example, if AU had a DoD server,  a TF2 server, and a BC2 server, then they could chat about their pwning, their glorious moments, and their greatest moments ever in their game server chat thread.
trackr vision?  sorry but i dont know what that is.
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4147|THE X GAMES

11 Bravo wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I'm talking about the Trackr vision, marine, of having lots of game servers ... for example, if AU had a DoD server,  a TF2 server, and a BC2 server, then they could chat about their pwning, their glorious moments, and their greatest moments ever in their game server chat thread.
trackr vision?  sorry but i dont know what that is.
do a research then, seriously it isnt that hard to search for trackr. .

Last edited by RTHKI (2010-07-03 19:55:09)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4147|THE X GAMES
i dont recall much of trackr but even i know what OH is talking about
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+279|3884|Foothills of S. Carolina

The Trackr vision was to be an inclusive site, multiple servers hosting multiple games, not fashioned to represent a single game like this site originally was, with new life and breath in the forums.

Edit: At least that was how I understood it.

Last edited by Canin (2010-07-03 19:53:38)

Dauntless
super helpful
+2,207|4152|London

also you can't close AU chat now, War Man and Laura were about to get it on, it would be like cancelling Friends just as Ross and Rachel hook up

https://store.infinitecoolness.com/coolposters/personalities/friends/friendstvposter006.jpg
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+279|3884|Foothills of S. Carolina

War Man is on leave, so it looks like the show might be going into reruns.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,407|4152|FUCK UBISOFT

white people chat tbh.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44874/FUCK%20UBISOFT%20RIGHT%20IN%20THE%20FUCKING%20ASS.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|4189|Great Brown North
warman says

[00:01] War Man: reopen us chats and eu chats if au chats is open


i agree with the flab stabbin chubby chaser



and a week ban? lold
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

RTHKI wrote:

i dont recall much of trackr but even i know what OH is talking about
i know what trackr was......it was closed.  whats to research?
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,614|4147|THE X GAMES

11 Bravo wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

i dont recall much of trackr but even i know what OH is talking about
i know what trackr was......it was closed.  whats to research?
how trackr would have servers for more than just bf2
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

RTHKI wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

i dont recall much of trackr but even i know what OH is talking about
i know what trackr was......it was closed.  whats to research?
how trackr would have servers for more than just bf2
so trackr is going to reopen?  i still dont see what this has to do with the question at hand.
13/f/taiwan
Member
+940|3108
i say we add an ignore function.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4059|Washington DC

11 Bravo wrote:

so trackr is going to reopen?  i still dont see what this has to do with the question at hand.
It doesn't ... this diversion happened because you apparently misunderstood a post I made.  That post was based on rationale for a separate AU Chat.  Which was ...

(a)  The chat has to do with game servers, as originally intended.

Let's keep the thread on topic
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|4064

Speaking of keeping threads on topic, none of the discussion in the AU Chat revolved around any of their gameservers. Should be closed for massive amounts of off-topic spam, right?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2647|Cleveland, Ohio

OrangeHound wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

so trackr is going to reopen?  i still dont see what this has to do with the question at hand.
It doesn't ... this diversion happened because you apparently misunderstood a post I made.  That post was based on rationale for a separate AU Chat.  Which was ...

(a)  The chat has to do with game servers, as originally intended.

Let's keep the thread on topic
game servers yes...spam and 4chan pics was not the intention of that thread was it?  because they dont talk about the server.  so why is it open?

mtb0minime wrote:

Speaking of keeping threads on topic, none of the discussion in the AU Chat revolved around any of their gameservers. Should be closed for massive amounts of off-topic spam, right?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-07-03 20:35:14)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4059|Washington DC

At one time, it was a chat about AU game servers, the US thread was about US game servers, and the EU one was about EU game servers.

But now?  Is it tradition?  Legacy?  Doesn't cause any harm?
  • Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard