Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
  • Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4094|Washington DC

(1)  The original AU Chat thread was closed because it was causing problems with the forum software.

(2)  A replacement AU Chat thread was started.

(3)  It got shut down ... right now the shut down is temporary.

The AU Chats Thread was one of those game server based threads that had been around prior to EE Chats, and no longer has the same game server focus ... it is just another chat thread.  So, we're processing the question as to whether or not to have lots of chat threads, or perhaps just a single EE Chat thread.

Feel free to leave any comments ...
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,615|4182|THE X GAMES
au chat 2 is reopened

Last edited by RTHKI (2010-07-03 19:02:18)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|3680|S.A. Australia
If the new thread isn't causing any problems with the rest of the site, who cares?  We enjoy chatting amongst ourselves in there and regardless of what you say, it isn't the same as posting in the ee chats.
Serious Flex
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2682|Cleveland, Ohio
no need for chats threads, hence what IRC is for.  people dont own sections of this forum, no matter what they think.
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,615|4182|THE X GAMES
people seem to rarely be active on the bf2s irc
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4094|Washington DC

RTHKI wrote:

au chat 2 is reopened
McMinty feels that the weekend is a bad time to make a command decision like this ...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|4100

No offense to the Aussies, you all know I ♥ you, but the AU Chat is unnecessary. While it originally discussed server activity, it's become a typical EE Chat thread. Besides, enough non-AU people post in the AU Chat anyway, so it's not exactly AU exclusive. Lastly, it'll be better to have the main EE Chat thread constantly active instead of having dead times with the AU Chat randomly at the top of recent posts.
jord
Member
+2,382|4123|The North, beyond the wall.
I think if it stays closed some aussie members will leave, so if eskimo sammyjoe is one of those aformentioned members I'm all for its closure.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|3680|S.A. Australia
Is the new au chats slowing down the rest of the site?
Serious Flex
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2682|Cleveland, Ohio

OrangeHound wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

au chat 2 is reopened
McMinty feels that the weekend is a bad time to make a command decision like this ...
gee go figure.....
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,759|3598|what

41587 replies. 444765 views.

Reason enough for a new AU thread to remain open.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,615|4182|THE X GAMES

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Is the new au chats slowing down the rest of the site?
no, but the rest of the chats are still closed i believe

and aussie we all know ee chats would annihilate au chat if it wasnt monthly, but then the site would probably be dead now

Last edited by RTHKI (2010-07-03 19:11:22)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|2623|Sydney
Does it really matter if the second one is open? If you don't like it, don't post in it or visit it. It's tucked away in its own subsection of the forums and has more relevance than half the trash threads that are posted in the EE forum.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2682|Cleveland, Ohio

AussieReaper wrote:

41587 replies. 444765 views.

Reason enough for a new AU thread to remain open.
spam and 4chan pictures?  there are threads already for spam and 4chan pictures.  ee chats blows your shit away anyway.  so go there.  you aint special.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|3680|S.A. Australia

RTHKI wrote:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Is the new au chats slowing down the rest of the site?
no, but the rest of the chats are still closed i believe

and aussie we all know ee chats would annihilate au chat if it wasnt monthly, but then the site would probably be dead now
Because you lot never used them

Last edited by eskimo_sammyjoe (2010-07-03 19:12:53)

Serious Flex
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,759|3598|what

11 Bravo wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

41587 replies. 444765 views.

Reason enough for a new AU thread to remain open.
spam and 4chan pictures?  there are threads already for spam and 4chan pictures.  ee chats blows your shit away anyway.  so go there.  you aint special.
Yeah because of the forty thousand replies they were all spam.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|4100

The purpose of EE Chats was to keep all the spammy banter to one thread. AU Chats has become the exact same thing. In order to minimize spam and accomplish the objective, the threads dedicated to containing spam need to be amalgamated into a singular thread.
RTHKI
MOTOGPGPGPGPGPGPGP
+1,615|4182|THE X GAMES

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Is the new au chats slowing down the rest of the site?
no, but the rest of the chats are still closed i believe

and aussie we all know ee chats would annihilate au chat if it wasnt monthly, but then the site would probably be dead now
Because you lot never used them
because we use ee chats
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,759|3598|what

1% of all posts on bf2s were made in that single thread.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|4100

RTHKI wrote:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

RTHKI wrote:


no, but the rest of the chats are still closed i believe

and aussie we all know ee chats would annihilate au chat if it wasnt monthly, but then the site would probably be dead now
Because you lot never used them
because we use ee chats
And when we did use them, they got closed. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............................
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2682|Cleveland, Ohio

AussieReaper wrote:

1% of all posts on bf2s were made in that single thread.
and?  it slowed the site down.  so, go pay for your own forum and bandwith.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|3680|S.A. Australia
They were only closed recently because when au went down, went got dragged there for some reason.
Serious Flex
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2682|Cleveland, Ohio
simple concept, OH.....if AU 2 is kept open, then all those that you closed should be reopened.  I am going to make one for the state I live in right now.  cool?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|2682|Cleveland, Ohio
or maybe an official current and former military members chat thread?  is that cool?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|4094|Washington DC

11 Bravo wrote:

simple concept, OH.....if AU 2 is kept open, then all those that you closed should be reopened.  I am going to make one for the state I live in right now.  cool?


Good logic ... but let's hold off on that idea, mkay?
  • Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard