Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black
Okay children, gather round, and listen. Because I'm fed up of seeing people wasting their time recording at low resolutions and low graphics while they play, producing bad graphic videos with poor frags because the game isn't running smoothly. There's no need.

Unlock the secrets of the RECORD command. What this does is it records all your movements in a game, and ever-body elses. You can then play this demo back time and time again, and, here's the best part, whilst it's recording it doesn't steal your FPS! It doesn't lag! You can play low graphics in game, for better fps, and record at high graphics!

First of all, go into Options, Game Options, and make sure "Enable Console" is set to yes.

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/enableconsolecopy.png

Start a game in which you would like to record, then go into the console by hitting the ` key. It's beside the number 1 on the left of your keyboard. Type
'/record' without the quotes. You can even give it a name, for example, '/record vacantpublic'. You can't have spaces though

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/recordcopy.png

Once you are done in that round, bring up the console again and type '/stoprecord'.

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/stoprecordcopy.png

Open up your perfectly legal copy of Fraps (if you don't have one I'll help you out with that, just PM) and make sure the settings are as follows:

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/Untitled-3-2.gif

If you are running anything but Call of Duty 4, then skip this next part.

Then you need to go here and download CoD4 Player. Once unzipped, open up CoD4player.exe and click on the keypad to the right. Unless you have a dual monitor, you're going to have to memorise these buttons.

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/Untitled-1-2.png

If you have a dual monitor, just drag it to the monitor you don't use for gaming and just read the commands off the screen.

If you've got a slow computer, you might need to run the demo you're recording at 1/4 of the normal speed to achieve enough frames per second. To do this go into CoD4 Player and click 'Setup'. Change "Slow Speed Ultra" to 0.25. When you want to record, hit 2 on your keypad to slow it down, then hit F9 to record with fraps. If you get anything over 7 frames per second you should be fine. If you're getting 15, but nothing above that, then only press 4, which will slow it down half.  You can speed it back up in a media editor.  If you can get a consistent 30 frames per second whilst recording, you've spent too much on your computer. Just record at normal speed, unless you wish to do a slow motion effect whilst editing. If you want to do so, hit 4 to slow it down half, or however much you want so you can slow mo without getting juttery video.

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/setupcopy.png

One last step before we get recording, open CoD4, make a new profile, call it '(yourname)2' and then exit. Download this file. Go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\players\profiles\yourname2 and paste the file into there. Then click back, and open up "Active". Replace whatever text is there with whatever you called your second profile. Quit all windows 'cept CoD4 player & Fraps.

Once you've memorised (or not) the commands on CoD4 player, click OK. Then click Open Demo. This will take you to your demos folder (C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos). Select your demo.

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/folder.gif

This will open up Call of Duty 4, and load the map "Shipment" (this is only to enable developer mode) then it will load the map you recorded on. You will then see every one of your actions, kills, streaks and noscopes. Hit F9 when you want to start recording, and use the keypad numbers to change speed. When you're done recording, press / on the keypad. This will exit CoD4.

If you are running CoD4, skip this next part, but if you're not, read it.

As of this moment, I am unaware of any other programs that do the same as CoD4 player for other CoD series. But you can still use the demo function! You'll just miss out on being able to slow it down/speed it up.

Go into game and open the console. Type '/demo vacantpublic' or whatever you named your demo.

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/Untitled-1-3.png

Then record the parts you wish, free of lag and sloppy frame rates! Okay, the slow frame rates might be there, but at least you've already made your kills.

Everyone read now

There you have it, you've got video of you kicking some ass, stored in C:\Fraps, you just need to edit it. I'd recommend using something professional like Sony Vegas 9, which you can get a free trial of from the Sony website (or from me if you want the full version, just PM.)

Now stop making crap movies and start making epic ones.



If you notice any mistakes, or wish to add some info, just post below and I'll add it in if I think it's worthy.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,759|3565|what

Nice walkthrough (er guide, wiki...? whatever).

Finray wrote:

Because I'm fed up of seeing people wasting their time recording at low resolutions and low graphics while they play, producing bad graphic videos with poor frags because the game isn't running smoothly. There's no need.
I remember when you used to do that ^ but your last video was such a huge improvement.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/awesome.png
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Nice walkthrough (er guide, wiki...? whatever).

Finray wrote:

Because I'm fed up of seeing people wasting their time recording at low resolutions and low graphics while they play, producing bad graphic videos with poor frags because the game isn't running smoothly. There's no need.
I remember when you used to do that ^ but your last video was such a huge improvement.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/r … wesome.png
No, I actually followed my guide, it's just that my computer was so bad I couldn't record at any decent graphics/resolution/frames.

Ta
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
CrazeD
Member
+368|4085|Maine
Or you could use /cl_avidemo, which basically saves screenshots really fucking fast, and then you put them together in a video editing program... much better quality.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black

CrazeD wrote:

Or you could use /cl_avidemo, which basically saves screenshots really fucking fast, and then you put them together in a video editing program... much better quality.
Yeah, I know about this, but I don't tend to use it... Much easier to go with fraps..
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
aLi3nZ
Member
+138|3919|New Zealand
Nice Guide. If only there was a /record command in cod5. Not being added until patch 1.3
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black

aLi3nZ wrote:

Nice Guide. If only there was a /record command in cod5. Not being added until patch 1.3
Oooh, I thought it was there. Okay, you're forgiven for your in-game recording then
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|3317|CA
this should be stuck, tbh.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black

TopHat01 wrote:

this should be stuck, tbh.
You are now my favourite person
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|3317|CA

Finray wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

this should be stuck, tbh.
You are now my favourite person
I'm scared...


Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black
Yeahhh sticky. Ty Tophat.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|3317|CA
Quick question, well problem really.

When I create demos in CoD4, it doesn't save them to the folder you said, it saves it too:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos

I've had to switch it back over to the spot it should be in to get it to work.  Is there something I can do to make it save correctly?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black

TopHat01 wrote:

Quick question, well problem really.

When I create demos in CoD4, it doesn't save them to the folder you said, it saves it too:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos

I've had to switch it back over to the spot it should be in to get it to work.  Is there something I can do to make it save correctly?
Sorry, I never noticed this question until now.

I've never encountered this problem.

If you're using the CoD4 Player just navigate to that folder, should work fine in theory.

If not just drag and drop to the proper folder and it should work.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|3765|Troy, New York
Quick note as well: If record under a competitive mod it will be under:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods
And then the mod its from (i.e. Promod_4_final etc)
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,613|3200|Catherine Black
Update - Cybopat now have a CoD:WaW demo player. Get it here. Works pretty much exactly the same as the CoD4 one.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Misc/BF2s/sig/signature.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,609|4033|London, England
The trick is to make sure you never show a shot of yourself getting even hit by a single bullet, let alone dying. So basically cut out all the deaths and just have a reel of you killing everyone, that way it looks like you're awesome.

Also remember to play it in fast forward, that way you look even better because it looks like you have fast reactions

Don't forget all the filters to cover up any other inadequacies that could arise


And there you have it, a frag movie. Does what it says on the tin, just a film about you killing people.
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/iMech/annoying_banner.png
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/iMech/im_emo.gif
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|3987|London

Mekstizzle wrote:

The trick is to make sure you never show a shot of yourself getting even hit by a single bullet, let alone dying. So basically cut out all the deaths and just have a reel of you killing everyone, that way it looks like you're awesome.

Also remember to play it in fast forward, that way you look even better because it looks like you have fast reactions

Don't forget all the filters to cover up any other inadequacies that could arise


And there you have it, a frag movie. Does what it says on the tin, just a film about you killing people.
go watch a demo or something

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2017 Jeff Minard